Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Presents

Christmas is a time for giving. Presents, time and love are all giving out around this time of year and I'm sure Santa Clause is going to be coming for some of the younger members of the IIP family. This made me think about what gifts India might be giving us this year. Everyone here is missing home on some level. Missing family photos they won't feature in, or seats at Christmas dinner that they won't be there to fill. I think one of the greatest gifts that India has given us is a true appreciation for home and our families, whom many of us have admitted to taking for granted. A lot of us are eagerly anticipating opening letters and calling home and I'm sure tears will be shed over the next twenty four hours, I know many will be from me. Thank you India for the gift of family, even though they seem to be half a world away.
Merry Christmas to all

Gus  

No comments:

Post a Comment