Monday, December 30, 2013

"It's like watching paint dry"

I thought Goa was finally going to be an escape from India, where one can relax on the beach, go swimming, order drinks, lie in a hammock and read a book, and all of this was true up to this mornings breakfast. With many of our group excited about having a waffle cafe located next to our restaurant, I arrived at 10.30 and with only 3 other boys in the cafe I placed my order and took a seat. What followed was once again a marvellous demonstration of India's efficiency. With 2 staff behind the counter working tirelessly to get the 5 orders finished it wasn't at all a surprise when i got my waffle at 11.45, an hour and a quarter after my order was placed. Credit must go to the fantastic staff at this place for spending just enough time on each individual waffle to ensure it is of the best quality before being handed over to the eagerly awaiting patrons. I won't go into detail about how they went around achieving this level of speed as im sure there are many cafes and restaurants out there who would love to be able to know the secret behind such a speedy process. I don't know what fletcher was going on about when he commented on their service saying, "It's like watching paint dry".

William

No comments:

Post a Comment