Tuesday, December 31, 2013

A Very Indian New Years

With only ten hours to go until we see in the new year, I must say that everyone around the camp is excited to see what the local Goans have in store for us. After last night's life threatening display of what loosely can be called fireworks, although I would more accurately describe them as artillery, I'm hoping that we will have all that and more tonight.

This morning's shave was a very new experience for me, having always relied on my own hand when it comes to facial grooming. If money was no object, I could definitely see myself going down to local barber once a week for a shave and a quick head massage. After experiencing both the cut-throat razor shave and then the exfoliating mud that followed, I can safely say that my face has never been in such good condition, something which I hope will continue throughout the new year.

Happy New Year to everyone!

- Ben Toogood

No comments:

Post a Comment