Friday, December 27, 2013

Secret Santa

In Jaipur I was assigned the tough job of purchasing the Editor's Secret Santa gift as apparently he couldn't possibly find 15 minutes in the next 48 hours to find something presentable. The instructions I was given were "purchase anything you like; it can be something meaningful, practical, or in true 'Fletcher Boswell' fashion, totally inappropriate, disgusting, and/or shocking- all for a senior student".

As some have claimed that often I push the boundaries of cultural sensitivity and appropriate comments I saw myself as being well suited to the task. The next day I went out and purchased a truly dreadful choice (sadly, your imaginations will have to take over here).

Fast-forward to Christmas night and I started to get confused as most of the seniors had received their gift, then when it came time for Mr Skeen to present his Secret Santa gift he stated that "you simply receive what you want" and proceeded to hand the present, which I had purchased, to me. I am now in possession of leopard print male lingerie, if anyone is experiencing a shortage of this attire please call me. 

Fletcher 

No comments:

Post a Comment