Friday, December 27, 2013

A Fine Way to End the Day

After a fantastic insight into high budget Bollywood circles, we felt it only appropriate that we should dine like kings. Our group of local Mumbaiins set upon a certain Turkish kebab shop, but unfortunately this turned out to be a popular location and it was full already of Grammar Boys.

It was then on to our group leader's secret location, buried deep in the maze of side streets that criss-cross Mumbai. Upon arriving, it appeared that this small local restaurant was chocker like the others, however a quick conversation in Hindi lead us up stairs and into the 'back room' which turned out to be quite spacious.

What followed was one of my greatest meals of all time, and definitely in India. We started the proceedings with delicious crumbed spicy chicken, which was so good more was ordered in a heartbeat. Then on to our mains. While I can't speak exactly about how good my companions meals were, by the empty bowls and broad smiles I can tell they felt about the same as me; it was fantastic! I went out on a bit of a limb, ordering my curry, the 'veg. Jaipur' purely because it had a word I recognised in it. I was not let down. This curry was just as brilliant as the city, and like the city, I have deep desires to return.

- Ben Toogood

No comments:

Post a Comment