Monday, December 30, 2013

The end...?

While I am sure that this will have been covered in other blogs I just wanted to write down what Goa is to me. Throughout the trip many of the boys (myself included) have viewed Goa as the end of the trip (not actually arriving back in New Zealand). It was some form of goal, a finish line, a salvation from the restless India. And now we are here. We have crossed that "finish line" and all of  a sudden I've noticed that Goa wasn't the end. Its just a stepping stone to the next adventure. And the more I think the less sure I am that landing in Auckland is the end either. More of just a transition into the next part of immersion. The whole "reverse culture shock". Goa is a place of relaxation and yet to me there seems to be something missing. Sure it is nice to sleep by the pool or laugh in the waves. It feels like home. But its not home. It's like we have left India behind but not quite arrived back in New Zealand. And it is a strange space to be in.

Hugo

No comments:

Post a Comment