Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Time to take on 2014

It's amazing that only when you sit on the last day of the year and think of the year that's passed that you see how quickly it's slipped you by. Standing at the start of this year the India tour seemed like a distant experience and yet now here I am with a fresh year ahead of me looking back; last year has shot by in the blink of a eye (cliché I know). The way that the year can slip past us like that shows how precious time is. I'm trying to take this with me as I face a new year of opportunity, laughs, banter and knuckling down, to put in the hard yards, as Dad would say. Making the most of every moment and not giving into an opportunity simply because deep down you just "can't be bothered". Seems strange to type out these words that we are told over and over through out our childhood and for once really meaning them. I guess that when you travel through a country where the people live for each chance, and can't stop the fight to survive, it brings into perspective the amount of lost moments that I feel I should capture. And by capture I don't mean "do study in" I mean truly live in. This year is a year of meeting with friends rather than sitting on Facebook, and a year of enjoying the rainy day in rather than sitting at the end of it wondering what on earth you did today. I feel that if I try that, then I can be confident that as another year slips past I will stand on New Year's Eve, look back and know that 2014 was a year to remember. Call me a idealist but it's worth a try.

Hugo

No comments:

Post a Comment