Wednesday, January 1, 2014

The End and the Beginning

For me, New Years has always been a bit of a paradox. The year that was is over, and the year that will be is beginning. In one moment it can go from the end of a long year full of ups and downs to the start of a year that hasn't had anything yet. It's full of endless opportunities and is always exciting as well as a little bit sad.

Last night was no different. As we danced the night away, and threw ourselves into the sea after our countdown, I felt a bit cleansed. Whatever I did wrong before was over, and this year would be a new start. Of course, I would like to think that the future will always be better than the past, but this time I really believed it. This year would be different. This year I see my family again. This year I go home.

The paradox of New Years applies to India as well. Although in 72 hours our Indian Experience will be over, a new chapter begins. A chapter where we can put into practice what we have learnt here. A chapter where we decide whether we go back into normal life or we start to make a difference. I don't know which path I will take, but the fact that we have all these choices ahead of us is exciting. 

In 3 days, the same as 16 hours ago, an old chapter ends, but a new chapter begins.

Reilly

Sent from the End and the Beginning and Everything in Between

No comments:

Post a Comment