Wednesday, January 1, 2014

2014

As Will and I sit in an internet cafe looking out on the street, it is weird to think that in about 70 hours we will be back in our own beds, with clean water and surrounded by those we love. This may be an amazing country to visit, and we have seen things here that will shape the course of our lives, but this place is not home.

I think it was very fitting to finish this trip with a New Years celebration. It was first and foremost an awesome chance to have a good time with 24 other very special people. But also, New Years almost allows us an opportunity to "begin again". As we head into new forms, or even leave school, we are provided a chance to start afresh. Which to me is the coolest part of this experience.

And I would say that this is the main reason that I am counting down the hours until we get home. Not just 'cause I miss my friends, my family and my electric toothbrush, but because I am excited to see who I will be this year, and what the year holds.

Jonty

No comments:

Post a Comment