Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Thoughts of home

As we count down our final 70 hours here in India, thoughts are starting to turn back to home and what it means to be back. We've spent the past 25 days in a country which has challenged conceptions we have about the world, and in a country which makes very little sense. Ideals and values have changed and as we finish up in Goa we've had a huge amount of free time in which to sit in the sun and just ponder life with each other. In these conversations, a popular question posed is "what's next?" often asked in terms of what we will do on returning to NZ.

During our time here, this theme is often referred to by the teachers as we gradually come to see how different experiences we have here will impact our actions back at home. For all of the older lads this is often asked with uni in mind, obviously a hugely new experience for us all. For me personally, I have sometimes struggled to relate things seen here to what I'm accustomed to in my day to day living - life here is simply too different. I guess this is something I'll simply need to let unfold over the next few months.

Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment